More House School is the largest school in the country to give specialist support to students aged 8-18 for whom mainstream school has proved unsuccessful for a variety of reasons. The Programme for 2015-16 has now been finalised. Topics this year are: 'The relationship between language and literacy development', 'Autistic Spectrum Disorder', and 'Preparation for Inspection'. The seminars have been designed to promote sharing of good practice and encourage discussion amongst delegates. Click on the link below for more information.
For further details about the seminars and to reserve your place, please contact Tanya Sheaff, Director of Professional Training and Research, at email@example.com.
Courses are currently free of charge as part of a charitable initiative.
We place great emphasis on the initial and continuing training of our staff. All staff are provided with regular opportunities for training, both in-house and from external providers. Opportunities to extend professional experience are also readily available. Exchange visits to other educational establishments and business partnerships are encouraged and can be arranged through the school.
The Induction and Training policy at More House School is to strive to provide high quality training, support and advice, with aims to:
- value and respect the individual skills that all staff contribute to the school
- promote the benefit of professional development
- encourage staff to review their own training needs on a regular (at least annual) basis
- establish and communicate procedures for initial and continuing professional development
- provide opportunities for professional development in accordance with both the professional interests of the individual and the School Development Plan
- induct trainees, newly qualified and newly appointed staff into the relevant procedures and practices to enable them to carry out their roles competently and confidently
- identify training needs and initiate training as required
As a School we continually strive to improve. To find the best teaching approaches, to find the best learning techniques, to ascertain the best way to manage a happy school are key features that help us to deliver a quality education to our students.
The implementation of appropriate induction and good quality training is part of More House School's strategy to employ, sustain and maintain quality staff that are sensitive to the issues of the School and have the knowledge, training and ability to deal with matters in an appropriate manner.